Glamour, style, intelligence and beauty, all wrapped up in one person. She is the epitome of grace. Being graceful comes to her naturally. She is beauty, she is intelligence, she is fashion personified.
If there’s anything she has taught us, it is the fact that there is elegance in being yourself, in defining your style, and in being comfortable in your own skin.
She didn’t follow the trend, she set her own trend. Her fashion statement was exemplified in her carriage and her choice of style.
She was not just another FLOTUS, she was different. She gave FLOTUS a life of its own and a one-of-a-kind meaning. President Obama did not mince words when he said,
I always knew she’d be incredible at it, and put her own unique stamp on the job. That’s because who you see is who she is—the brilliant, funny, generous woman who, for whatever reason, agreed to marry me.
She reminds me that simplicity is the ultimate elegance and that we should never try to be anyone else but ourselves. I will miss her. The world will miss her. Certainly, after being FLOTUS, she will continue to be who she is – intelligent, brilliant, funny, graceful – making a difference and living a trail where ever she goes.
Here are my 7 favorite styles and 7 of her most powerful quotes:
- Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.
- We learned about dignity and decency – that how hard you work matters more than how much you make… that helping others means more than just getting ahead yourself.
- I never cut class. I loved getting A’s, I liked being smart. I liked being on time. I thought being smart is cooler than anything in the world.
- You see, at the end of the day, my most important title is still mom-in- chief; My daughters are still the heart of my heart and the center of my world.
- One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.
- Find people who will make you better. Choose people who lift you up.
- I have never felt more confident in myself, more clear on who I am as a woman. But I am constantly thinking about my own health and making sure that I’m eating right and getting exercise and watching the aches and pains. I want to be this really fly 80-90- year-old.
I could not agree more with the caption below. She is magic.
— Lyn (@lyndawatersnewk) November 30, 2016