Here’s wishing everyone an amazing new year. Praying that this year – 2016, more of us will astound ourselves.
If you are like me, you’ve probably been thinking what’s going to make this year different from the others. Truth is, if we don’t do things differently, 2016 might not actually be different from the past years. To get me started, I have put together 16 ‘notes to self’ – a mixture of quotes and thoughts that I want to remember all through this year.
- This year I will be fearless in the pursuit of what sets my soul on fire.
- I will keep it in mind, as always that
the only way to excellence is to consistently improve myself every single day – Thomas J. Vilord
- All those ideas running in my head, I need to start them now. I am getting up, I am on the move. I am not waiting for the magic beans to arrive; I am getting to work right away. It is so true, those who do not get up and move, do not notice their chains. I will make the most of my time. Therefore, procrastination be gone with 2015. The truth is time flies and I am the pilot. I don’t have tomorrow. I don’t have the next minute. I have only right now.
The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there. – Vince Lombardi.
- I have made up mind to continue to be myself in a world that is constantly trying to make me into something else.
Life is too short to be living somebody else’s dream.- Hugh Hefner
- If I make mistakes, I am going to embrace them, because they make me who I am.
Doubt can only be removed by action – Goethe
The greatest mistake I can make in life is to continually fear I will make one. – Elbert Hubbard
- It is so important to surround myself with the right set of people. I am not going to let un-supportive people drag me down.
Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself – Edmund Lee
- I have to remember to laugh all the time, to see the world as the most wonderful place. On this note, I could not agree more with E.E. Cummings when he said “the most wasted of all days is one without laughter.”
- I will enjoy each passing moments. They are blessings and contentment is great gain.
I have everything I need for complete peace and total happiness right now – Wayne W. Dyer
- To continue to keep momentum going, I am constantly going to create greater goals. – Michael Korda
- And I have to remember to not be average. Average doesn’t win awards.
Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well – Jim Rohn
- I will remember always to not try to do everything at the same time. More often than not, it doesn’t work.
- I am letting go of passive. Rather, I will grind until my success is no less than massive.
If we all did the things we are capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves. – Thomas Edison
There is no passion to be found in playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. – Nelson Mandela
On grinding – it means I will work hard and put in the efforts for remarkable success. More often than not, success is noisy but the actual process that leads to outstanding success is really discreet, quiet and very few sees it. It’s the same law that applies to planting and harvesting. This gradual everyday process that involves consistency, not-giving-up, perseverance, innovation, awareness and lots more makes all the difference.
- I will read new books, and visit new places, I will open my mind to possibilities, because the world is full of possibilities. – My goal is to live the life of my dreams.
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go – Dr. Seuss
The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah
- I will remember to rest well, because it is part of productivity.
- I will commit all things to God in prayer, my prayer will be purposeful. So my life can inspire everyone around me.
- And on a lighter mood, I will agree with Beyonce, ‘if you’ve been doing all you can and it’s not happening for you, go out and have you a good old time. Put on your sexy dress and move on.