As a mom, one thing I wanted to do, was to ensure the kids get busy learning the right things. Over the past years, I have found several online resources that could be really useful in aiding how and what they learn. Here’s a list of my top 6 online resources for kids:
- One of my favorite go-to websites is oxfordowl. This is one great website the kids love. We all enjoy reading and listening to the e-books together. The great thing is that because the e-books can be read out loud, the kids are able to improve their pronunciation skills. For me that’s key. Oxford Owl also combines math lessons and quizzes with advice for kids’ activities for children from the ages of 3 to 11. The website has up to 200 free e-books that can be accessed once you log in which is very easy to do. I also love this site because it provides teaching guides for parents and teachers.
- Another great online resource I found very useful is a youtube channel called Kidstv123. Your child can take their first steps in the world of education in a fun and exciting way, by watching and listening to animated rhymes, and several songs that teach subjects ranging from numbers, planets, countries of the world, objects, shapes and much more.
- Another online resource I found really useful is Scratch – a free programming language and online community where kids from ages 8 – 16 can create interactive stories, games, and animations, and share their creations with others in the online community. Scratch helps young people learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively.
- It’s OKAY to be SMART is a helpful YouTube channel that teaches children all about science, the amazing universe we live in, and how it connects to every part of our life.
- Incredible Science is a great YouTube channel because it is so fun for the children and even for me as a parent. The kids get to watch simple and fun science experiments and I like the fact that the presenter keeps the videos short and simple. It is a great channel for fun and practical learning, and the children are guaranteed to enjoy it and you will too.
- For kids who love art, ArtforKidsHub is a must especially for visual demonstration. You will definitely have fun with your kids learning how to draw common objects, animals, and people and also learning to sculpt all kinds of cool things.
Are there other online resources or video channels your kids watch? Feel free to add to the list when you drop your comments.