Seun Tayo-Balogun is the CEO of Brief Essentials, Nigeria’s largest online store for lingerie, active wear, shapewear, swimwear and underwear solutions. Tips and solutions are also provided on the various social media platforms. She also runs BEactive (Brief Essentials Active) which is a social media platform that provides information on fitness, wellness and health. It’s no doubt that she has built a successful business and we are here to share 5 lessons we can learn from her.
- Consistency: To attain the level of success you desire or to achieve that goal, you have to be consistent. It’s not just about hard work but are you cultivating a daily habit/consistency to keep it going? “Want to be a better enterpreneur? Be consistent, it’s that simple” – Seun Tayo-Balogun
- Believe in yourself: You have to believe that you can do great things and not worry about what others will say. Doubting yourself is worse than people doubting you. “Stop doubting yourself, a lot of people are intimidated by your potential.” – Seun Tayo-Balogun
- Think about your customers: Your business is not about you but the people that’ll buy from you. Think about changes you’ll make that will make it easier for your customers to buy from you. Know what they want. “Have the ability to create convenient options for your customers. you should also be versatile.” – Seun Tayo-Balogun
- Start Strong: Start well and if you hit a wall, find another way and keep going. “Hard work, perseverance, dedication and faith are essential in the initial stage for success in business.” – Seun Tayo-Balogun
- Don’t Underestimate your Ideas: Have an idea? Don’t push it aside, do the research, count your cost and if it doesn’t work, get another idea and go again but don’t push it aside. You just never know if it’ll lead you to your success. “If you are so convinced about your ideas, do not underestimate them; just try even when you know you could fail. That idea might be the access path to your future.” – Seun Tayo-Balogun